I do not recognise a transaction on my account. What should I do?
If you do not recognise a transaction on your current account, debit card or credit card, you should always investigate it. You may not recognise a name that appears, or the time of a purchase may not match what you remember. More often than not, in situations like these the transaction tends to be genuine, but it’s worth repeating that you should always check it out when you’re unsure.
Many companies trade under a name that does not match the one above the shop door or the web address. You may have bought something from Boots for instance, but the name that appears in your transaction list is ROI ECOMm, a legitimate trading name for Boots in Ireland.
Here are some trading names of companies that customers have often not recognised in the past, followed by the more familiar name or service.
- Empathy Marketing -> Pigsback
- Euro Parking Collection -> M50 toll charge
- Ogalas Unlimited -> Home Store + More
- Webtransact -> Service used by businesses to process payments online, for example a TV service
- Comms XL -> Easons
- PHOTO ME IRELAND -> Washer/dryers you would find at service stations.
- THE BVSC -> Kildare Village Shopping Outlet
- Store Financial Service -> Dundrum shopping centre gift vouchers
- GW2 account verification -> Card verification for Etsy.com
- KENTIAN LTD -> Mulhall’s SuperValu
- VF NORTHERN EUROPE SER -> The North Face, Vans, Timberland, Kipling
- CLYDAVILLE INVESTMENTS -> The Kilkenny Shop
- Buymie -> Lidl home delivery
- PRISM LTD -> A system used for late hotel cancellation fees
- HB EIRE WEB -> Holland and Barrett
- CORAJIO -> Mr Price
- Sport Ticketing NJUKO -> Charity run / Triathlon / Mud Run etc
- JC DECAUX SA -> Dublin Bikes
- IFL Finance Dublin -> Irish Ferries
- ROI ECOMm -> Boots Pharmacy
- 28DC TERM 8 2021 -> Dance Yourself Fit
- Health Services Credit Dublin -> Credit Union
- Venntro Media -> Dating Sites
- Retail in Motion -> Inflight purchases/Duty Free
- AWP P&C S.A DUTCH BRAN -> Insurance when buying online tickets for concerts, etc
- UNIVERSE.COM/CHARGE -> Football match tickets
- DIRECTF -> Stena Line
- Young Adult Card -> Leap card/ Luas card etc
- ISS Swords -> Lifestyle Sports
Time of the transaction doesn’t match up
Many companies do not process all payments immediately. This means that the time and date you see on your statement may not match when you made your purchase. This can happen often with purchases made over a weekend or in the evening, when the transaction amount is processed on the next business day.
The name, time or amount of the transaction aren’t familiar
If none of the details are helping you to recognise the transaction, ask yourself the following:
- Did I place an order over the phone or online recently?
- Did I share my card details at any stage over the phone or online?
- Did I tap in or share the full card number/expiry date/CVV code?
- Have I signed up for a new product or service lately?
- Has anyone else – partner, family member, friend – used my card?
I’ve checked all the above, but I still do not recognise the transaction. What should I do?
Call us now on the appropriate number below.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Republic of Ireland
Freephone: 1800 946 764 (personal and business)
Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Freephone: 0800 121 7790 (for 365 credit card customers)
Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Freephone: 08000 321 288 (for BOL & Global Market customers)
Everywhere outside Republic of Ireland, Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Not Freephone + 35316798993