- Our banking sites use an encryption system to protect your banking information at all times.
- They also require the use of a secure browser to access account information and perform transactions.
- The bank is protected by a firewall, which forms a barrier between the outside Internet and the internal bank network.
Logging on and Timing out
- When logging on to Bank of Ireland 365 online we will ask you to provide your own private and individual User ID and 3 random digits from your 365 login PIN in conjunction with a personal detail question. This information is encrypted during transmission and will remain a secret as long as you do not disclose it.
- For Business On Line customers, your last logon details will display onscreen when you log on. This means you will know if someone else has accessed your accounts online.
- After a period of inactivity, your current session on our online banking channels will automatically timeout.
Two Factor Authentication
- Adding or editing a payee on 365 online requires Two Factor Authentication. A code is sent to you via text message to your registered mobile phone, or by post if you prefer.
Protecting your business with Bank of Ireland KeyCode
- Business On Line uses the award-winning* Bank of Ireland KeyCode. It generates unique, one-off codes you can use to logon to Business On Line and authorise payments and payees. It replaces your logon passwords and means you no longer need a Digital Certificate or Java.
- Bank of Ireland KeyCode offers the following security benefits or controls:
- A secure PIN is required to access the KeyCode app. The One Time Code is transaction-specific and either expires on use or after 60 seconds.
- KeyCode does not store customer or Bank information.
- KeyCode only works on the registered device, together with the corresponding Business On Line User ID.
- The app is registered to the individual user.
- The Business On Line Administrator can continue to lock a User’s profile (for example, in the event of leave, etc.)
- Once downloaded, KeyCode can operate in an entirely offline environment with no requirement for internet or cellular access.
- Read more about Bank of Ireland KeyCode
*Winner of ‘Best Information Security Initiatives (Corporate/Institutional)’ in Western Europe, Global Finance Best Digital Bank Awards 2017