Bank of Ireland successfully raises €750m of long term secured funding
Bank of Ireland Group today (13 January 2015) announced that it has raised €750 million of 5 year long dated secured funding through a successful Euro fixed rate covered bond issue. The covered bond transaction was issued by Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank (BOIMB) under the Irish Asset Covered Securities legislation. The trade is backed by a pool of 100% Irish residential mortgages and is ECBC Covered Bond Label Compliant.
- Bank of Ireland successfully issued a €750m 5 year Euro fixed rate Irish covered bond / Asset Covered Security (ACS).
- 100% Irish residential mortgages, ECBC Covered Bond Label Compliant.
- The high level of investor demand for this 5 year covered bond strongly underlines the Group’s ability to consistently access funding from international capital markets at competitive pricing.
- The issue attracted strong investor demand:
- Order book of €1.6bn.
- Pricing of 20 basis points over 5 year mid swaps equating to a yield of 0.527%
- This compares with the Group’s last Euro fixed rate Irish covered bond transaction in March 2014, a 5 year €750 million transaction, at 80 basis points over 5 year mid swaps.
- Lead investment banks on the transaction were BNP Paribas, Lloyds Bank, Morgan Stanley, Natixis and Societe Generale. Co-leads Davy and Investec.