Bank of Ireland adds tablet app to digital banking services
Tablet penetration in Ireland expected to be 50% by 2015*
1st October 2014, Bank of Ireland today announced the arrival of its Tablet Banking App which is now available to download to iPad tablets with an Android version due to launch to users before Christmas. The new app is designed to mirror the services available to customers using 365 online and the Mobile Banking app, using the latest technology for tablet devices.
Customer desire for ‘on the go’ banking is evident with nearly 50%* of all digital banking logins via the Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking app and over half a million* app downloads since its launch in May 2012. The new Tablet Banking app will further serve to make banking more convenient for customers, enriching their digital banking experience with a personalised dashboard, financial visualisations and intuitive, simplified features. Users can;
- View balances and review transaction history for registered accounts
- Add and delete payees quickly and easily
- Pay bills and transfer money
- Re-arrange and hide accounts from view
- Sign up to, view and manage eStatements
- Access easy to understand financial graphs to help manage finances
- Save multiple users to each device for quick and easy login using a profile name
- Apply for up to 3 savings products within the app
It is expected that 1.8 million adults will own a tablet device by the end of the year* and according to the Ofcom Technology Tracker* 40% view the device as their main method of connecting to the internet. Almost 10% of all Bank of Ireland website visits are from tablet devices and this trend is expected to continue and grow in the next 12 months.
“We are committed to making banking easy and convenient for Bank of Ireland customers, whether it is by phone, in branch, online, mobile and now on tablet” said Garvan Callan, Customer, Digital and Innovation Director at Bank of Ireland.
“Digital banking usage in Ireland has almost tripled since 2010* so it was important for us to develop an app specifically for tablet devices that would enhance our customers lives, using the features and technology behind these devices to allow them to manage accounts, view financial graphs and apply for additional Bank of Ireland services in a way that suits the way they bank. We spoke with our customers and designed the tablet app with their needs in mind while understanding how they choose to use their devices. With an estimated tablet penetration rate of 50% in Ireland by 2015, we understand that access to an intuitive and engaging tablet banking app is important to our growing customer base,” Garvan concluded.
Bank of Ireland has reported that mobile banking usage continues to increase and is planning to launch some great new features that customers have been asking for on the Mobile Banking app later this year. The changing needs and preferences of customers indicates that banking via apps on smartphones and tablet devices is growing at a considerable pace.
Customers can find out more details about the new tablet banking app here:
- *Tablet penetration in Ireland expected to be 50% by 2015 (ZenithOptimedia)
- *48% of all logins via Mobile Banking App (Bank of Ireland data)
- *Half a million – number of smartphone app downloads (on iOS/Android) since May 2012 launch (Bank of Ireland data)
- *1.8 million adults will own a tablet device by the year end (Eircom Household Sentiment Survey – September 2014)
- *40% – Ofcom Technology Tracker (UK)
- *10% of all Bank of Ireland website visits (Bank of Ireland data)
- *Mobile banking usage in Ireland has almost tripled since 2010 (Accenture Current Account Customer Research)