Bank of Ireland unveils new Third Level Student Package
Thursday 19th September, 2013: Bank of Ireland has announced the details of its current Third Level Student package. Students with new or existing Bank of Ireland accounts can avail of a number of new benefits on top of the existing competitive services and offers.
Bespoke Bank of Ireland benefits include 20% discounts in several well-known and popular retail outlets including A-Wear; Domino’s Pizza; Meteor; Elverys Sport; Odeon Cinemas and Insomnia. Students can also avail of exclusive discounts on tickets purchased at Ticketmaster to games involving Bank of Ireland’s Rugby partners, Munster and Leinster Rugby. Interest free loans for travel are also available to Bank of Ireland student account holders, along with free day-to-day transaction banking. And parents are also set to benefit from the new package through college finance loans which will help families deal with ever-increasing college registration fees.
Bank of Ireland Third level Student package:
- No Current Account Transaction Fees– no fees for debit card transactions (there may be charges for using your Visa Debit card abroad), lodgements, withdrawals at Bank of Ireland ATMs, direct debits and standing orders.
- Student credit card – no annual account fee and very competitive interest rates. Credit cards are subject to Government stamp duty of €30.
- College finance loan – this loan, available to parents, offers a variable rate loan of up to €14,250 to pay the student contribution charge
- Student travel loan – Bank of Ireland applicants can borrow between €300 and €2,000, interest-free, for 9 months
- Banking 365 – day-to-day banking services, free of charge, online and on mobile
- Exclusive 20% discounts – 20% on-the-spot discount for all students with outlets like A-Wear, Meteor, Elverys Sport & Domino’s Pizza
The third level offer has been designed with students in mind; everyone is aware of the financial stresses and strains that college can place on students, and their families. The Bank of Ireland package has been devised to help students deal with any number of unavoidable cash-flow problems that may be experienced during the academic year. Furthermore, the Bank of Ireland student deal features all the regular benefits one can enjoy with Banking 365; free day-to-day banking services online and on mobile; a Visa debit card, which is ideal for quick and easy payment of small transactions; as well as a student credit card with no annual account fee .
With its new package, Bank of Ireland aims to make a unique and positive impact on the daily lives of third level students. Commenting on the launch of the 2013 student package, Conor McGlynn, Youth Marketing Manager at Bank of Ireland, said: “The start of a new academic year is an exciting one for both students and parents. However, we realise that it is also an expensive time, bringing with it financial concerns to individuals and families. There are student registration charges, accommodation fees and the need for books and equipment. There can also be unexpected costs which may impose a financial burden.” “At Bank of Ireland, we are committed to helping ease this burden for third level students and their parents. With our college finance loan, free day-to-day banking and the 20% discounts we have established with our partners, it will hopefully mean that financial worries are diminished and that students can concentrate on their work as well as enjoying the overall college experience.”
For more information on the 2013 Bank of Ireland student package, please log onto www.bankofireland.com or call into your local Bank of Ireland branch. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply.