Bank of Ireland announces entry in to car insurance market
- Two new car insurance product options available, Popular and Prestige
- Up to 25% discount for existing Bank customers
8 October 2013: Bank of Ireland today announced that it has entered the car insurance market with the launch of two new flexible products, Popular and Prestige. The new car insurance products are competitively priced and available to all; with existing Bank of Ireland customers benefiting from additional discounts of up to 25%.
Speaking about the bank’s move into the car insurance market, Managing Director of Bank of Ireland Insurance Services, Eamon Slevin said, “We are launching these new car insurance products as a direct response to market demand. Bank of Ireland’s flexible car insurance allows customers to pick the cover that suits their individual needs, backed up by a quick, simple and hassle-free claims process.”
Car insurance from Bank of Ireland is competitively priced and offers even further discounts to existing Bank of Ireland customers. Banking customers receive a 20% discount, while Bank of Ireland Home Insurance customers receive a further discount of 5%.
The new Bank of Ireland car insurance product range is underwritten by RSA Insurance Ireland Ltd., Ireland’s leading insurance company.
Both products include the following features and benefits as standard:
- Monthly Payment Plan with no fees or charges
- Special discounts for Bank of Ireland customers
- Breakdown/Rescue in Ireland
- Driving of Other Cars (the Policyholder only & for Third Party cover)
- Unlimited Audio cover
- EU Cover for up to 45 days
- Fire Brigade Charges (max. €1500)
The Prestige package offers further peace of mind with the following extra covers:
- No Claims Discount Protection (Step-back)
- Windscreen (unlimited if our approver repairers are used)
- New Car Replacement
- Personal Belongings
- Replacement Locks
- Car Hire
- Incorrect Fuel
- Personal Protection (Death & Injury)
Customers can customise their cover further by adding extra protections such as increased amounts for Car Hire and Personal Belongings, cover for sat navs, games consoles and child seats, a top-up of €1500 in the event of a total loss and comprehensive driving of other cars cover.
Car insurance quotes can be obtained now by going online @ www.boi.com or by calling 1890 604 604.