Bank of Ireland Life launch a third series of the highly successful Guaranteed Plus investment bond
Today, 7th November, Bank of Ireland Life is delighted to announce the launch of a third series of its highly successful Guarantee Plus – Investment Bond. The life company has reported investment sales of almost €60 million in earlier series of the bond, the most recent of which closed to new business on the 24th October this year.
With the stockmarket uncertainty persisting, Bank of Ireland Life is seeing a strong demand for capital secure investments. The launch of its third series of Guarantee Plus today, will fulfil the needs of customers who are looking for an investment with the potential to outperform deposits, with the peace of mind that a 100% capital guarantee provides.
Commenting on the launch, Bernard Walsh, Head of Investments, Bank of Ireland Life says; “Market volatility has currently driven valuations of different asset classes down across the globe. We believe that this has created ‘value’ for investors willing to take a medium term view. Now may prove to be a time to buy but we are finding that even if customers accept that this is the case, they do not have the confidence to invest without the comfort of a capital guarantee. The highly diversified nature of Guarantee Plus, which invests in three distinct assets classes spanning three continents, combined with a capital guarantee from the Bank of Ireland, will help to ease the concerns of many investors and give them the confidence to make the most of this great buying opportunity.”
Guarantee Plus – Series 3 will track key indices across three asset classes, equities and commodities and bonds. Bank of Ireland Life believe that while demand for commodities has slowed in the short term, current valuations offer great value providing good potential for growth over the term of the investment. In addition, equities have been proven to out-perform other asset classes over the longer term and with current valuations now at historic lows, they provide good potential for growth over the medium term.
Guarantee Plus is aimed at cautious investors seeking growth. The minimum investment required to participate in the fund is €5,000 and the fund will close on 12th December 2008.
Further details are available on request from the Investment Adviser at your local Bank of Ireland branch.
Notes to Editors:
Key Features of Guarantee Plus – Series 3:
- 100% Capital Guarantee provided by the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland.
- Customers benefit from 60% of growth in a diversified investment portfolio
- Highly Diversified – 3 distinct asset classes which span across 3 continents, offering an attractive diversified investment portfolio:
40% – Equities: 37.5% S&P 500, 37.5% Eurostoxx 50, 25% Nikkei 225
25% – Bonds: iBoxx Euro Index Eurozone Bonds
35% – Commodities: Tracks the performance of the Dow Jones AIG Commodity Index
- Term: 4 years 3 months
- Minimum Investment: €5,000
- No partial or full encashments allowed during the policy term
- Protected Return – the return is averaged over the first 6 months and the last 12 months to help shield you from any sudden drops in value at the start and the end of your fund term. However it should be noted that if the value of the basket of indices increases during this period then the return will be reduced.
- Low Risk and Stress Free – Investors once signed-up can rest assured with a capital guarantee and no stress involved in managing their investment.
- Charges: No explicit charges – all charges are implicit in terms of the offer.
For further information contact:
Public Relations Manager
Bank of Ireland Life
Ph. 01 617 2586
Mob. 086 856 2929
Group Consumer Communications Manager
Bank of Ireland
Ph. 01 604 3750
Mob. 087 226 9324
New Ireland Assurance Company plc trading as Bank of Ireland Life is regulated by the Financial Regulator and is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.