€200 million invested in the last 12 months
New Ireland today, 8 April 2011, announces the launch of Secure Advantage 16 and the 7.5% Fixed Return Fund, the latest in a series of 100% capital protected investment products. With over €200 million invested in the last 12 months in the series to date, the investment is designed for cautious investors looking for a return without putting their capital at risk and who do not want to tie up all their money for a long period of time. This tranche is open for investment until 6 May 2011 with a minimum investment of €5,000.
The investment includes;
- One year 7.5% (gross) Fixed Return Fund – customers invest one-third of their money into a secure* one-year market-leading 7.5% Fixed Return Fund.
- 100% Capital Secure* Investment Bond – customers can benefit from returns in equity markets by investing two-thirds of their money in SecureAdvantage 16 over a term of 4 years and 11 months.
Commenting on the launch, Eoin Kennedy, Head of Products, New Ireland Assurance said; “Customers are continuing to adopt a more risk adverse investment strategy when it comes to their money. With Secure Advantage 16 cautious investors are provided with a solution that gives them the opportunity to participate in any future market recovery with the safety of knowing that, even if markets go down while they are invested, at a minimum they will receive back the money they originally invested at the end of the investment term.
“With the stock market in steady recovery now for two years, there are clear opportunities for investors to benefit from growth. We offer cautious investors the real potential to take advantage of today’s and future market opportunities but knowing that risks are minimised in that their original investment is 100% protected at the end of the investment term”, he concluded.
For further information contact:
Anne Mathews Laura Erskine
Media Relations Manager Public Relations Manager
Bank of Ireland New Ireland Assurance
Ph. 076 623 4771 Mob. 086 856 2929
Mob. 087 246 0358
Notes to Editors:
Key Features of Secure Advantage 16 and the 7.5% Fixed Return Fund:
- Fixed return of 7.5% (gross) after one year on one third of the overall investment amount. This is equivalent to 5.25% after life assurance tax of 30%.
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides New Ireland Assurance with the 100% Capital Security for both investment elements within the product offer. This Capital Security applies only on the maturity dates.
- Secure Advantage 16: Diversified equity investment – two thirds of the overall investment amount tracks five leading global indices (Eurostoxx 50, S&P 500, FTSE 100, Nikkei 225, and MSCI Emerging Markets)
- Secure Advantage 16: Dynamic investment strategy:
In times of high volatility – exposure to equities will fall
In times of low volatility – exposure to equities will rise
- The term for the amount invested in Secure Advantage 16 is four years and 11 months.
- The term for the amount invested in the Fixed Return Fund is one year.
- Minimum Investment: €5,000, no maximum.
- The fund will close to investors on 11 May 2011
- No partial or full encashments are allowed during the policy terms.
Terms and conditions apply. Where relevant, life assurance tax applies. While great care has been taken in its preparation, this document is of a general nature and should not be relied on in relation to a specific issue without taking appropriate financial, insurance, investment or other professional advice. The content of this document is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or to subscribe to any investment management or advisory service. If there is any conflict between this document and the Policy Conditions, the Policy Conditions will apply. Please note that mention of specific stocks/shares or investments is not a recommendation to trade in those stocks/shares or investments.
New Ireland Assurance Company plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group