Today, 5th January, Bank of Ireland Life is delighted to announce the launch of a fourth series of its highly successful Guarantee Plus – Investment Bond. The life company has reported investment sales of almost €80 million in earlier series of the bond, the most recent of which closed to new business on the 12th December 2008.
As we come into a period of exceptionally low interest rates, Bank of Ireland Life is seeing a strong demand for capital secure investments that have the potential to deliver superior returns over the longer term. In order to appeal to medium and longer-term investors, Bank of Ireland Life has designed a 4-year 3-month option for the launch of the fourth series of the Guarantee Plus investment bond, which has the potential to grow their investment by a maximum of 33% before tax. In addition, customers may also choose to invest over a longer period of 5-years 11-months where investors could potentially grow their investment by a maximum of 50% before tax.
Commenting on the launch, Bernard Walsh, Head of Investments, Bank of Ireland Life says; “The unprecedented market volatility experienced over the last number of months has driven down the valuations of many asset classes around the world. Investment gurus are using this opportunity to buy quality assets at heavily discounted prices to take advantage of the ‘buy low sell high’ philosophy of investing. Our Guarantee Plus product offers consumers the chance to take advantage of this great buying opportunity with the comfort of a 100% capital guarantee.”
Guarantee Plus – Series 4 will track key indices across three asset classes, equities and commodities and bonds. Bank of Ireland Life believe that while demand for commodities has slowed in the short term, current valuations offer great value providing good potential for growth over the term of the investment. In addition, while not a prediction for the future, equities have in the past been proven to out-perform other asset classes over the longer term and with current valuations now at historic lows, they provide good potential for growth over the medium term.
Guarantee Plus is aimed at cautious investors seeking the potential for growth. The minimum investment required to participate in the fund is €5,000 and the fund will close on 13th February 2009.
Notes to Editors:
Key Features of Guarantee Plus – Series 4:
- 100% Capital Guarantee provided to Bank of Ireland Life by the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland. The capital guarantee applies at the maturity date only.
- Highly Diversified – 3 distinct asset classes which span across 3 continents, offering an attractive diversified investment portfolio:
– 40% – Equities: 37.5% S&P 500, 37.5% DJ Eurostoxx 50, 25% Nikkei 225
– 25% – Bonds: iBoxx Euro Index Eurozone Bonds
– 35% – Commodities: Tracks the performance of the Dow Jones AIG Commodity Index
- Term: 4 years 3 months or 5 years 11 months
- Minimum Investment: €5,000
- No partial or full encashments allowed during the policy term
- Protected Return – the return is averaged over the first 6 months and the last 6 months to help shield from any sudden drops in value at the start and the end of your fund term. However it should be noted that if the value of the basket of indices increases during this period then the return will be reduced.
- Low Risk and Stress Free – Investors once signed-up can rest assured with a capital guarantee at the maturity date and no stress involved in managing their investment.
- Charges: No explicit charges – all charges are implicit in terms of the offer.
For further information contact:
Public Relations Manager
Bank of Ireland Life
Ph. 01 617 2586
Mob. 086 856 2929
Group Consumer Communications Manager
Bank of Ireland
Ph. 01 604 3750
Mob. 087 226 9324
Warning: The value of investments may go down as well as up.
Warning: This product may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
Warning: You cannot choose to cash in your investment before 19th May 2013 for Option 1 and 19th January 2015 for Option 2.
Terms and conditions apply. Where relevant, life assurance tax applies. While great care has been taken in its preparation, this document is of a general nature and should not be relied on in relation to a specific issue without taking appropriate financial, insurance, investment or other professional advice. The information has been taken from sources we believe to be reliable, however we do not guarantee their accuracy or completeness and any such information may be incomplete or condensed. All opinions and estimates constitute best judgement at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice. The content of this document is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or to subscribe to any investment management or advisory service. If there is any conflict between this document and the Policy Conditions, the Policy Conditions will apply. Please note that mention of specific stocks/shares or investments is not a recommendation to trade in those stocks/shares or investments.
The Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50® is the intellectual property (including registered trademarks) of STOXX Limited, Zurich, Switzerland and/or Dow Jones & Company, Inc., a Delaware corporation, New York, USA, (the “Licensors”), which is used under license. The Guarantee Plus – Series 4 which is based on the Index are in no way sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by the Licensors and neither of the Licensors shall have any liability with respect thereto.
New Ireland Assurance Company plc trading as Bank of Ireland Life is regulated by the Financial Regulator and is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.