Will I receive text messages from BOI if I have blocked the messages on my phone?
You must unblock our service messages, using your phone’s call or message settings, to allow Bank of Ireland (BOI) to send you a text message. Service messages from us will appear as ‘BOI’ in your message inbox.
This service is used to send you text messages for the requests you may make below:
- We will send you a text message when you send a text to 50365, such as a reminder of your User ID (by texting User to 50365).
- We will send you a text message with a Security code for an online service request, such as activating a payee on 365 online.
- We will send you a text message with an Activation code to register a new Security device, using the Bank of Ireland app on Smartphone or Tablet.
Making online purchases or applying for a Bank of Ireland product
- We will send you a text message with a 3D Secure one-time passcode, when you are checking out online.
- We will send you a text message when applying for certain Bank of Ireland products.
If you receive a text message claiming to be from us, that you were not expecting, see support about Suspicious Texts here.
We may also send you important BOI Security Alerts when we need to make you aware of fraudulent activity. These will be for information purposes only and will not contain any links. For more information on how to stay safe online see our Security Zone here.