Why do I see transactions repeating on my card?
You may see similar transactions repeat on your Debit Card or Credit Card for a number of reasons. Some of these can be quite normal but you should always be wary of transactions you do not recognise on your card.
This can be the same or a similar transaction with the same retailer which repeats on your account.
If you have made only one purchase from a retailer we advise to first contact the retailer to ask for a refund of the other transaction(s).
- You should have any paper or email receipt to hand to help the retailer identify the transaction.
- If you need more information to help the retailer we are happy to help, log into 365 online and use the online Service Desk Ask a Question feature or by calling us
|Your card||Service Team||Contact Numbers|
|Credit Cards||Credit Card services||1890 251 251
+353 5677 57747 if outside Republic of Ireland
|Debit Card (current account)||365 phone banking||0818 365 365
+353 1 404 4000 if outside Republic of Ireland
You can follow steps to chargeback this transaction if the retailer cannot reverse the transaction or it is in dispute.
A subscription is when you have an agreement a retailer or service provider that allows them permission to complete transactions for the term of your contract with them. These transaction may continue for the time period you agreed occurring:
- At regular intervals, (such as monthly) but a fixed amount – such as a fixed price streaming service
- At regular intervals with differing amounts based on usage – such as a phone bill
A number of social media sites, magazines and papers offer subscription services with free trial periods. If you don’t unsubscribe before the end of the free trial period you may end up being charged every month when the trial ends. These services may alert you when your free subscription period is near its end date, but it’s a good idea to set a reminder for yourself so that you can unsubscribe before the free service expires. Always check the terms and conditions carefully before signing up for these services or providing any card information.
For step by step guide to cancel subscriptions see: How do I cancel a subscription on my Card?
Multiple Single item purchases with the same price
Some media services allow you to input your card details when setting up an account with them. When you make purchases after this point you may not be asked for your card details again. Examples may be:
- Music purchases – singles or albums normally have a fixed price i.e. €0.99
- In app or in game purchases
If you feel that you have been charged in error you should contact the retailer directly to discuss. Most reputable retailers have refund processes for such reasons.