I've entered the activation code to register the Bank of Ireland app, but am unable to continue, why?
This may be related to your phone’s name. To set up the app, and register the phone as a security device, the phone name should be less than 50 characters long (this includes spaces). Your phone name is normally the device name when you bought it, such as 'Galaxy S9', or you may have added your own name such as 'John's work iPhone'.To check and edit your phone name take the following steps:
- On an Android phone open phone “Settings”, choose “About phone” (normally at the bottom). Tap “Edit” to change the phone name.
- On an IoS (iPhone) open the phone “Settings”, choose “General”, then choose “About” (normally at the bottom).Tap on the phone name to change it.
Open the Bank of Ireland app on your phone and complete the registration process, you will be issued with a new activation code to activate your device. You should give your phone a nickname using the app, this can be the same as your phone name or something new. If you continue to have difficulties please call us on numbers below.
Mobile migration advisor
- Republic Of Ireland: 0818 200 362 or 01 4606410
- Northern Ireland and Great Britain: 0345 7 365 555
- Other Locations: +353 1 4606410
9am until 5pm GMT Monday to Friday
10am until 4pm GMT Saturday, Sunday/public holidays
To curtail COVID-19 and allow staff to follow social distancing guidelines, we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service representatives on site and our hours.