I lost my bag/wallet. What should I do?
- You MUST call us immediately on the following numbers:
Lost/Stolen Department - 24 hour
- Republic of Ireland - Freephone 1800 946 764
- Great Britain - not Freephone 0345 309 8099
- Northern Ireland - not Freephone 0289 031 0303
- Outside these locations - not Freephone +353 567 757 007
Make us aware of ANY of the following in your bag/wallet:
Bank of Ireland cards - We will cancel your lost or stolen card and have the new card issued to your address on file within 5-7 working days.
Security Devices - any smartphone or tablet you have installed the NEW Bank of Ireland App on and completed registration of that device. If you have more than one security device you can Block or Remove a device. For steps click here. Not sure which app you have? Click here
Digital wallets - any smart device on which you have added your Bank of Ireland debit or credit card using Google Pay (android devices) or Apple Pay (iOS devices)
- Do you have any other cards that are not with Bank of Ireland? Some useful numbers
- Make a list of what was in your bag. Do you need to contact your mobile provider to disconnect your phone?
- Report it. If your bag/wallet is stolen, contact the local Garda or police.
If you have lost your wallet or your bag, please refer to our Helpful Customer Care Checklist for a list of commonly used service providers to help you cancel and reorder lost items.
Click here to view our Care Checklist.
Please let us know immediately if you discover your card is lost or stolen. Otherwise, you could be liable for any losses up to the time you report the loss to us.