I have upgraded my smartphone/tablet, can I use the Bank of Ireland app?
Yes. If your phone number has also changed you will first need to update your registered number.
Your upgraded device
- Uninstall/delete the Bank of Ireland app, which may be on your upgrade if you transferred the apps and data from your old device
- Search for 'Bank of Ireland app' in your app store and download
- Open the app and complete the registration process in full. See steps here
If any device is lost or stolen, contact us immediately here
What will you be doing with your old device?
I am keeping my old smartphone/tablet
Tip: create a nickname for your devices for easy management here.
I will be recycling my old smartphone/tablet
If you choose to recycle your smart device by giving it to family/friend, donating to charity, or using local recycling amenities you should take the following steps.
- By Phone on numbers below. This option should also be used in cases of emergency.
1. 'Remove' as a the security device:
2. Remove any SIM cards or SD cards (storage)
3. Restore your device to factory settings
- Republic Of Ireland Freephone: 1800 946 764
- Northern Ireland and Great Britain Freephone: 0800 121 7790
- Other Locations Not Freephone: 353 56775 7007