How do I update my mobile number for SMS security and activation codes?
Select a channel below to update the number you receive SMS security or activation codes
- Update the number you use as the log in step to 365 online and Mobile banking app.
- Update your preferred contact number
- Click Manage Accounts on the left-hand menu;
- Choose Amend my Mobile Phone Registered for Security Codes (first time activation will show as Get Security codes by Mobile Phone);
- Enter your new details and click Continue.
You will be issued out a new activation code in the post to your registered address; your mobile will remain inactive until you activate this code.
For more information and instruction video please see Using Security Codes.
You can amend your registered number using the Bank of Ireland App. Any changes to your number will also update your number for security codes and your preferred contact number.
Log into the app then tap the Profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap 'Mobile number'. You will see the last 4 digits of any previously registered mobile number.
- Enter the mobile number you wish to register and re-enter to confirm. Select 'Continue'.
- Confirm the request first with 3 digits from your 365 PIN.
- Check number on screen
- To confirm swipe right on the authentication screen, or tap 'Decline' to be brought back to the screen to amend the number.
- A message will appear advising that request was successful.