Fraudsters sometimes make “cold calls”, pretending to be from a reputable technical support or IT company. They persuade you to allow them to take control of your computer remotely over the phone so that they can fix, upgrade or protect your computer. They may ask you to log on to your online banking account or ask for bank, credit card or other personal details. Bank of Ireland will never call and ask you for your full 365Online PIN or one-time passcodes that they’ve sent to you in a text. They will never ask you to download any software so they can take control of your computer or phone, or to move your money to a “safe” account.
- Never give control of your computer remotely to someone who calls unexpectedly, no matter how genuine they seem.
- Beware of fraudsters asking you to download legitimate apps which will allow them to get remote access to your device.
- Beware of fraudsters claiming to be from a legitimate company and informing you that you have a suspicious transaction on your account.
- Don’t disclose full personal or banking details to an unsolicited caller.
- Don’t disclose your Visa Debit or credit card details.
- Beware that fraudsters can spoof Caller ID numbers to make it look as though they are calling from somewhere legitimate.
- Never log on to your online banking while a third party is connected to your device, even if the caller is very persistent.
- Always log off your 365 online banking session and never give away your full 6 digit PIN.
- Never transfer money out of your account based on an instruction from a cold caller, no matter what story you are told.
Lost or stolen card?
As soon as you believe your card has been lost or stolen, please get in touch. We’ll cancel your card as soon as you tell us it’s missing and get a new card issued to your address (the one we have on file for you) in 5 to 7 working days.
Fraud, suspicious activity or unauthorised transactions?
To report online fraud, suspicious activity, unauthorised transactions on your account or ATM fraud, please contact us as soon as possible via our Freephone numbers listed below.
Shared your online login details?
If you have shared your banking details in response to a suspicious email, text or call, please notify us as soon as possible via the Freephone numbers listed below.
Report a suspicious email or text
To report suspicious Bank of Ireland related emails or texts (both personal and business customers), send the suspicious email or text to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Contact Numbers
Republic of Ireland
Freephone: 1800 946 764 (personal and business)
Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Freephone: 0800 121 7790 (personal and business)
Everywhere outside Republic of Ireland, Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Not Freephone + 353 1 679 8993
Not Freephone + 353 56 775 7007 (Lost/Stolen cards or smart device)