By clicking on a fake link in an email, text, your social media account, or on a pop-up ad online, you could be allowing malware to download and infect your device. Make sure that you properly protect your mobiles, tablets, laptops or computers to help safeguard against fraud.
- Use up to date anti-virus software on your devices.
- Install the latest operating software updates as soon as possible. You will normally receive a prompt to update it.
- When downloading apps, go directly to a legitimate source, such as the official App store or the Play store.
- If your device is lost or stolen, most smart phones and tablets have a capability to be remotely wiped. This will prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Secure access to your device by using a strong PIN, password, passcode or fingerprint detection.
- Clear all information on your device before selling or disposing of it.
- If you suspect that your device may be infected, do not log on to your online banking until any malicious software has been removed by a reputable IT service professional.
Lost or stolen card?
As soon as you believe your card has been lost or stolen, please get in touch. We’ll cancel your card as soon as you tell us it’s missing and get a new card issued to your address (the one we have on file for you) in 5 to 7 working days.
Fraud, suspicious activity or unauthorised transactions?
To report online fraud, suspicious activity, unauthorised transactions on your account or ATM fraud, please contact us as soon as possible via our Freephone numbers listed below.
Shared your online login details?
If you have shared your banking details in response to a suspicious email, text or call, please notify us as soon as possible via the Freephone numbers listed below.
Report a suspicious email or text
To report suspicious Bank of Ireland related emails or texts (both personal and business customers), send the suspicious email or text to email@example.com
Emergency Contact Numbers
Republic of Ireland
Freephone: 1800 946 764 (personal and business)
Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Freephone: 0800 121 7790 (personal and business)
Everywhere outside Republic of Ireland, Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Not Freephone + 353 1 679 8993
Not Freephone + 353 56 775 7007 (Lost/Stolen cards or smart device)