How do I update my preferred contact number?
To update the number you wish to be contacted on you can use the Bank of Ireland App or provide us with a written instruction.
- Update the number you receive SMS security or activation codes
- Change number used as log in step to 365 online and Mobile banking app
To amend your number for correspondence please visit or send a letter to your branch to update your number.
You can amend your correspondence number using the Bank of Ireland app. Any changes to your number will also update your number for activation codes and security codes.
- Log into the app then tap the Profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap 'Mobile number.' You will see the last 4 digits of any previously registered mobile number.
- Enter the mobile number you wish to register and re-enter to confirm. Select 'Continue.'
- Confirm the request first with 3 digits from your 365 PIN.
- Check number on screen
- To confirm swipe right on the authentication screen or tap 'Decline' to be brought back to the screen to amend the number.
- A message will appear advising that request was successful.