What documentation do I need?
These are the documents you should be in a position to provide up front with your application:
If you are a PAYE employee
- Your Pay-slips for the last 2 months.
- Your most recent P60.
- Salary Certificate (a standard form provided by the Bank for completion by your employer).
If you are Self Employed
- Your last two years’ certified/audited accounts
- Last 6 months business bank account statements (if business account is not with Bank of Ireland)
- Other documents may be required if your business is not established for a full 2 years of if you are a sole trader or self-assessed.
- Last 6 months personal current account statements (if account is not with Bank of Ireland).
- Last 12 months savings account statements showing build-up of funds (if account is not with Bank of Ireland).
- Statements showing your last 12 repayments for any existing mortgage held with another financial institution
- Statements for recent loans that are now closed (if not with Bank of Ireland). Additional documents that may be needed for your application
- You may also be required to provide identification documents and confirmation of your address. This is usually a current valid Passport or Driving Licence and recent utility bill.
- Gift Letter (a standard form provided by the Bank to show that a gift does not need to be repaid).
- Source of funds - this could include Government’s Help to Buy Scheme for First Time Buyers, evidence of inheritance or other source of funds that will contribute to the mortgage deposit.
- Separation/Divorce Agreement
- Confirmation of rental income
- Confirmation of Tax Affairs (For self-employed or if you have any non-PAYE income).
If you are having your home built or making structural improvements
- Your fixed price contract or detailed building costings.