What professional services are needed?

  • You will need a solicitor to managing the legal process of buying property. Called ‘Conveyancing’, this includes researching, documenting and transferring ownership of a property, filing records in state registries and paying government stamp duty on the sale. Your solicitor will also carry out ‘Searches’ to ensure that the person selling the property has a legal right to sell it and that there is nothing on the title (such as another mortgage) that might affect you, and to check for planning permission.
  • A professional valuer is also required to provide a report that describes the property and estimates its market value. The valuer must be acceptable to the Bank.
  • The Valuation Report is not a detailed structural or planning survey and we strongly recommend you have one carried out by a qualified Surveyor for your own peace of mind.

Did this answer your question?

Your answer helps us improve our Support Centre
Thank you for your feedback!

Calculate your BIC/IBAN Number or find out where to find it on 365

Find out more
Security Zone

We're committed to keeping your information secure

Visit Security Zone
Branch Locator

Find out contact details, opening hours and more

Find out more