What identification documents do I need to open a current account?
To open a bank account at a branch you need to provide at least one form of photo ID and one proof of address. If opening the account online a second proof of address is required. Please note the name on the photo ID must match the name on your proof of address.
Acceptable proof of identity includes:
- Current Passport or Irish/UK drivers licence
- Current National Identity Card
- Current utility bill (dated in the past 6 months)
- Current statement from credit or financial institution
- Current local authority document (Irish Water, Revenue, Co. Council) addressed to you