Can I lodge cash to another person’s Bank of Ireland account?
Yes, in some Lodgement ATMs (LATMs) you can put money into another person’s Bank of Ireland current account. This is also called making a 3rd Party lodgement. You can also do this with some savings accounts.
What will I need?
- A Bank of Ireland ATM/Debit card or an AIB ATM/Debit card
- Their account number and the National Sorting Code (NSC)
An example of an account number is 87654321, and a National Sorting Code has six numbers and looks like 90-12-34.
How do I do it?
- Using a 3rd Party Lodgement ATM enter your Bank of Ireland or AIB Visa Debit card
- Enter your PIN
- Select 3rd Party Lodgement from
- Enter account details of the account you are lodging to and include a reference (reason for lodgement)
- Insert Cash
- Confirm amount
- Take the receipt for transaction
Where can I do this?
This service is available on all LATMs outside of bank branches, and on some LATMs located inside branches. You can check our website to find out which branches have an LATM outside or inside the branch building. Bank of Ireland customers can also make lodgements to an AIB account at an AIB ATM using their Bank of Ireland card and PIN.