Can I amend a SEPA DD?

Yes. To amend a SEPA direct debit (ROI only) you should contact the originator (the company you pay the direct debit to) to arrange amendments. For example, changing the amount or date of the direct debit.

In some cases (for example, to switch the account you want the payment to come from), you may need to cancel your existing direct debit and set up a new one with the originator.

During an amendment you may exercise your rights/options under SEPA, or the originator may ask that you exercise a specific right, such as cancelling or refunding a direct debit.

Last updated: May 15, 2020

Did this answer your question?

Your answer helps us improve our Support Centre

Calculate your BIC/IBAN Number or find out where to find it on 365

Find out more
Security Zone

We're committed to keeping your information secure

Visit Security Zone
Branch Locator

Find out contact details, opening hours and more

Find out more