Who can apply for an overdraft?

A Personal Current Account holder(s) can apply for an overdraft on their account if all account holders are:

  • Aged over 18 years
  • Resident in the Republic of Ireland
  • Be in regular employment or in receipt of a salary/pension – 3 monthly payments should be visible on your account

What else I need to do

During the application process you should ensure to include all details of lending with any Bank to allow us to quickly process your application.

How do I apply?

Student lending

Overdraft are not available on student accounts. Student lending options are available on our online Student Lending Section.

Last updated: July 02, 2019

Did this answer your question?

Your answer helps us improve our Support Centre

Calculate your BIC/IBAN Number or find out where to find it on 365

Find out more
Security Zone

We're committed to keeping your information secure

Visit Security Zone
Branch Locator

Find out contact details, opening hours and more

Find out more