KeyCode General Queries
- What is KeyCode?
Bank of Ireland KeyCode is a secure mobile authentication app used to generate one-time security passwords. It is used in conjunction with your 365 online User ID to authenticate yourself when you use Open Banking services with third parties. You will only need to use KeyCode when using Open Banking services and are accessing the Account Access site, for normal, day to day use of 365 online you will not need to use KeyCode. Further details on Open Banking services, can be found on our Account Access help page. The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app works with all major smart devices including iOS, Android, and Windows smartphones, tablets (excluding Amazon Fire tablet devices) and iPod Touch. Access the app store on your smart devices to download Bank of Ireland KeyCode today.
Note: The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app is also used by customers with a Business On Line profile. Business customers who manage their accounts via Business On Line can continue to do so, but in order to use Open Banking services they will need to register for 365 online.
- When will I use the KeyCode app?
The KeyCode app is required when logging into the Bank of Ireland Account Access site. This enables you to allow third parties access to your current account information and make transfers directly from your Bank of Ireland UK Current account to third parties. The Account Access site is only accessible from third parties that offer Open Banking services.
Note: The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app will not be needed for everyday access to 365 online. The KeyCode app is only used on the Account Access site for Open Banking services.
- What is the Account Access site?
The Bank of Ireland Account Access site is only available to Bank of Ireland UK current account customers with a 365 online profile and only accessible from third party sites that offer UK Competition Authority (CMA) Open Banking services. On the Account Access site you can allow third party access to your account information and make transfers directly from your account to third parties; services offered by Open Banking.
- How do I register for the KeyCode app?
Login to 365 online, select Manage Accounts from the left hand navigation and go to ‘Manage KeyCode App’ on the menu. Then follow the steps displayed on screen.
Note: We recommend that you use a laptop or desktop to register for KeyCode as you will need your smart device to download the KeyCode App.
- What do I use to login to the Account Access site?
To login to the Bank of Ireland Account Access site, you need your 365 online User ID and the one-time security password generated by your KeyCode App. To generate a one-time security password;
- Open your KeyCode App and enter the PIN you created during the KeyCode registration process on Business on Line or 365 online
- Click Password on the menu screen
- A one-time security password will appear
- What types of devices are compatible with the KeyCode app?
- Bank of Ireland KeyCode app works with all major smart devices including iOS, Android, and Windows smartphones, tablets (excluding Amazon Fire tablet devices) and iPod Touch.
- Bank of Ireland KeyCode app can be found in iOS, Android, and Windows app stores.
- Minimum technical specifications: Android 4.1 to 6x, iOS 8, 9, 10, Windows mobile OS 8.1 and 10 (not compatible with Windows 10 Home edition).
- Do I need Internet/WiFi access for the app to work?
Once the app has been downloaded you will not need internet/WiFi access to register or use the KeyCode App.
- What happens if I forget my KeyCode app PIN?
If you forget your KeyCode app PIN you will have to de-register your KeyCode app and follow the registration process on 365 online again. To de-register your KeyCode app;
- Login to 365 online,
- Select Manage Accounts from the left hand navigation
- Select ‘Manage KeyCode App’ on the menu
- Select ‘de-register’
- Follow the onscreen directions.
- What happens if I delete the KeyCode app from my device by accident?
You will have to download the KeyCode app again and follow the KeyCode registration process on 365 online.
- What if I need to change my mobile number?
You may need to amend your phone number for a number of reasons.
- To amend your number for correspondence please use the CMA alerts functionality on 365, alternatively you can visit or send a written instruction to your branch.
- To amend your mobile phone used to receive Security Codes by SMS, please log into 365 online and do the following steps:
- Click Manage Accounts on the left hand menu;
- Choose Amend my Mobile Phone for Security Codes (for first time registers the menu option will show as Register my Mobile Phone for Security Codes);
- Enter your new details and select continue.
- You will be issued an activation code in the post to the address we hold on record for you; your mobile will remain inactive until you complete the activation process. Please log in to 365 online and complete the following steps:
- Click Manage Accounts on the left hand menu;
- Choose Activate my Mobile Phone registered for Security Codes;
- Enter the activation code you received in the post.