The facilitation of a clean environment and effective environmental protection is a fundamental aspect of good business practice. Bank of Ireland Group recognises that its business activities have an impact on the environment, both globally and locally. Therefore, it is our policy to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment.
We are committed to pollution prevention through the ongoing identification, control and reduction of those significant environmental impacts associated with our activities.
- Consumption of utilities i.e. electricity/gas/oil
- Water consumption
- Paper consumption
- Waste management
- Supplier and subcontractor control
We are committed to a process of continuous improvement of environmental performance through:
- Implementing this policy by setting objectives and targets and developing environmental programmes
- Measuring environmental performance on an ongoing basis and using this information to regularly review policy, objectives, targets and the allocation of resources
- Encouraging, guiding and supporting staff to act in accordance with this environmental policy
- Working with suppliers and sub-contractors to minimise their environmental impacts and to adhere to this policy when working with Bank of Ireland
- Auditing and monitoring operational environmental risks and reviewing practices where necessary
We are committed to complying with all relevant environmental legislation. The Group is also committed to supporting environmental initiatives in society, the economy and the business community.
This policy statement has been formulated by Group Property and approved by the Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee Group reporting to the Group Executive Committee and Court of Directors. This Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee will review this policy on an annual basis.